Summers around here are known for being oppressively hot. The steamy weather in the summer overstays its welcome long enough to make daily living unbearable without an adequate cooling system in place. When you need your AC to handle that heat and make your home comfortable, it’s crucial that your system works as efficiently as it can, So, what do you do when it doesn’t?
Having a problematic AC system at home can cause many headaches in the sweltering heat, but deciding on new AC Installation is often just as tough. As a homeowner, you might not be sure when it’s time to get rid of your old system and go with a new one. Luckily, there are actually clear signs that you’re due for a cooling upgrade, and we’re here to help you through the entire process.
It’s time to replace your current AC system if two or more of the five upgrade flags below apply to you:
1. You have a system that’s over ten years old
2. You have to constantly repair your system
3. Your home has hot and cold spots
4. Your energy bills are higher than normal
5. You have a system that uses R22 refrigerant, which is being phased out